Muottas Muragl Toboggan run
There’s a crunching sound in the air around the pines and larches dusted with snow: it comes from the braking manoeuvres that the tobogganists make when a curve gets too tight. The best thing to do then is to lift up the front of the toboggan, dig the ends of the runners into the snow, and take another running jump onto the sledge, so that it can pick up enough speed for the long straights.
There are 20 curves in all on the fastest of all the region’s toboggan runs; a vertical drop of 718 metres (2,355ft) over 4.2 kilometres (2.6 miles) guarantees plenty of action.
Important: The toboggan run is bristled with difficult curves and long, fast straights. Therefore the following rules of conduct and safety instructions need to be observed:
- small children are not permitted to use the toboggan run
- helmets are strongly recommended
- wear suitable winter clothing and sturdy high shoes with a good grip (no ski boots)
- show due consideration towards other tobogganists
- adjust your speed to both your ability level and the prevailing conditions
- ride in a sitting (not lying) position and do not tie toboggans together
- only stop at the specially designated areas
- plastic or racing toboggans / skeleton sleds/bobsleds are forbidden
- in the event of an accident, please immediately inform the SOS service at the valley station: T 081 842 65 89
Opening ours: daily 9.30 am to 4.00 pm
|Muottas Muragl toboggan run
|Toboggan hire at the valley station*
1 day (Deposit: CHF 50.- or ID)
|Half-day Pass (from 11:45 h)||42.-||28.-||14.-|
*No toboggan reservations in advance.
|A = Adults (from 18 years), Y = Youth (13-17 years), C = Children (6-12 years)|